CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

But I'm a Grownup

Hi folks

Nope, haven't fallen off the face of the planet. Have been busy-ish. First thing, I've moved! I'm out on my own now, living in the big city. Very exciting, slightly scary as this is the most on my own I've been in a long while. Also, my internet isn't on in my new apartment yet, so I'm coming to you from a local cafe with wifi, so this will be short.

Second thing: Many of my jobs and other activities lately have reminded me of Smith and being a student. For example, I worked a call at one of the universities a couple weeks ago where they hire professionals (that's where I came in) to oversee the students (actors) and make sure all the work gets done as the students don't have to be there all the time. The students were incredibly obnoxious. And I couldn't help wondering if I and my friends were just as rude and obnoxious when we were students. I know in some respects we were, but wow.

I also keep getting asked if I'm a student (at the uni call and elsewhere). I want to respond to these people, "No, I'm an adult, dammit!" but I know that won't help matters.

The cafe I'm in currently also reminds me a lot of Noho. When I walked in it was like I was transported back to Main St, complete with girls with mohawks and being chatted up by the waitress. It's very artsy and wonderful.

Anyway, I should go as they are closing soon. More when I have internet of my own.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Good luck getting internet in your apt - it took us a month and a half to get ours.

Second, congrats on moving out! Nothing makes you feel more like an adult than paying rent. ;-)

Third, ... no, actually, that's it. Glad you're having a good time!